HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS by Stephen Lau
Emotional wellness holds the key to any type of healthy relationships. According to Chinese medicine, there are seven emotions in Chinese health, and they need to be taken care of before health and healing can take place in the physical body.
- Healthy family relationships bring you happiness, which is the groundwork for health and success in life.
- Healthy family relationships reward you with comfort and support in difficult times and trying circumstances in life.
- Close family relationships encourage you to be open and honest in communication. Healthy family relationships give your clear focus and directions in life.
- Successful parenthood makes your life more intense, and changes your view of yourself and your approach to work, because your children become a part of your identity.
- Live your life with your beliefs, instead of just "talking the walk." In other words, be a good role model for your family.
- Always listen to others without judgment. Be honest: express your disagreement, and agree to disagree. Remember, people simply have different perspectives—what they see and what they think differ not by choice, but automatically. Therefore, respond with respect, and not anger.
- Let your goals live with you, instead of putting them on hold. Adapt your goals to reflect your changing life circumstances. Don't let your goals be affected or interfered with by your family planning or relationships.
- Do not expect your partner to take care of you.
- Do not confuse caring about you with taking care of you.
- Do not expect your partner to fulfill your needs. Always be self-reliant. Looking to someone for fulfillment will never work in a long-term love relationship.